Important note: At this time, do not attach PDFs. There is a “bug” in SofTest that may allow students to save a PDF to their computer during a secure exam. Instead, use GIF, JPG, or PNG file formats for images.
To attach one image to a question:
- Make sure that you’ve saved the image that you want to attach to the question somewhere on your computer.
- In the ExamSoft portal (examsoft.com/iusm), click the Questions tab.
- Navigate to and open the question to which you want to add an image, or create a new question.
- On the left side of the open question, look for the Attachments area. Click inside the box that says “Drag & Drop Attachment Here, Or Click to Browse.”
- In the popup that appears, navigate to the image image on your computer and click Open. This attaches the image to the question in ExamSoft.
To attach multiple images to a question:
Each question can only have one attachment, so the best way to attach more than one image is to make a composite image and attach that one file to the question. You can also add multiple images by embedding them. To embed images, click the Image icon in the stem and/or answer choice editor. The downsides of embedding images are that students may miss images that are at the end of a long question, and they can’t easily resize and zoom in on embedded images. Attachments pop up as soon as the student navigates to the question, so they can’t be missed, and students can resize and zoom the window that contains the attachment.
View this document from ExamSoft for more information about attachments: Attachments. You are able to also attach documents, videos, and audio. Please contact Erich Bauer (email@example.com) for important considerations if you want to use audio or videos on your exams.